You can use it with any static site generator to create faster, more flexible web projects. Content is stored in your Git repository alongside your code for easier versioning, multi-channel publishing, and the option to handle content updates directly in Git.
At its core, Netlify CMS is an open-source React app that acts as a wrapper for the Git workflow, using the GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket API. This provides many advantages, including:
- Fast, web-based UI: With rich-text editing, real-time preview, and drag-and-drop media uploads.
- Platform agnostic: Works with most static site generators.
- Easy installation: Add two files to your site and hook up the backend by including those files in your build process or linking to our Content Delivery Network (CDN).
- Modern authentication: Using GitHub, GitLab, or Bitbucket and JSON web tokens.
- Flexible content types: Specify an unlimited number of content types with custom fields.
- Fully extensible: Create custom-styled previews, UI widgets, and editor plugins.